Thursday 23 October 2014

Feverish dreams

Feverish dreams
Closing my eyes to sleep, I can feel every bone and every joint in my body, the pain is still there, not un tolerable, but uncomfortable. 

As soon as I drift into sleep the plays begin, I see myself standing in the crowd, and in the distance my late mother passes by. I try to follow her but the crowd keep pushing me in a different direction. I suddenly hear my bleep going off, it's A&E calling, I am now in my office and as I answer A&E I don't understand what the nurse has said, but sounded distressed. I decided to go down there but I couldn't stand. The porter comes with a wheelchair and starts pushing me, it is a very long corridor and the harder he push, the faster we go , the further the end seems. Suddenly he let go and the chair speeds to the end, it is a cliff and I fall. I am flying now, I can see the ground but although I am falling, I am falling up, not down. I fall high up to the clouds, I  can hear birds, no it's a plane, no its my alarm, no it's a heart, yes my heart, it is, bumbum, bumbum, bumbum, it's going faster and faster, and suddenly it stopped, no sound. I kept listening but silence was deafening. 

I opened my eyes and wondered for how long I slept. I have no clock on my bedroom wall because I can't stand the ticking noise. Couldn't see the clock in the hallway, it was very dark. Searched for my mobile and I tried to reach to where I thought it would be, the bedside cabinet, but as my arm stretched the cabinet looked far away. I got up and walked to the cabinet and it kept moving away. I started running towards it and when I got there my phone rang, I answered in a very weak voice : hello? The voice from the other side came in very weak : hello? I said: who's that? And the voice came back : who's that? I took the phone off my face and looked at the number and it was mine! I hang up but still could hear the voice going : who's that? Who's that? Who's that?

No comments:

Post a Comment