Tuesday 5 April 2022

Walking...

 Walking..

My favourite sport

My solitude, my reading time, 

not reading black ink on white pages, 

but reading green leaves on new branches, 

not reading fictional stories, legends and gods, 

but reading flowers growing against the odds

Not reading War and Peace

But reading roses and daffodils

Not reading about people I don't know, 

but reading the eyes of people I don't know. 

Not reading numbers, graphs and statistics, 

but reading birds mastering its acoustics. 

Not reading history theories to prove or debunk, 

but reading footsteps in the mud, worn-out paths, and marks on a tree trunk.

Not reading others writing 

But living the creation 


I love walking,

It is my favourite sport,

My solitude

My reading time 




Ahmad 

No comments:

Post a Comment