Friday 5 July 2013

good morning amman

would you like a cup of coffee?

But our coffee is different, the way we drink it is different, the way we love it is different, although it is coffee! but.....
it is darker... like us... bitter like our lives, our defeats, and our views... hot like our sun, our speeches, and our passion.
 
 
years ago, I used to go to a cafe in downtown Amman,  called Balat Al Rasheed... what a place..... 

sit on the balcony, have a coffee, smoke shisha, and wear my silence. Watch over the beating heart of Amman, sadness of the city.. what a city..

life then turned around, I left Amman, gave up smoking, and changed a lot. but i kept my silence, kept the sadness of Amman, and kept the coffee with all it's customs...

last night Egypt was mad... another revolution!!!! you feel sorry for the people sometimes, and sometimes you feel more sorry for yourself and say they deserve it!

years ago I was on fire, I was on a mission to change the world. my world that others shared with me.... but it was mine! nothing mattered at that time, only one thing: you live for what you believe in, you die for what you believe in! no middle way between right and wrong, compromise & grey did not exist.
 
now.... things are different.. I am more ...... or maybe less able to understand life! so I accept a lot of things, live with contradictions.!? and just to live is more important than how I live!
 
 
 
 
whatever, its 4am, I am on a night shift and I'm talking nonsense....

have a good day all 
 
 
 
would you like a coffee?


No comments:

Post a Comment