Saturday 25 November 2017

Zhuangzi Dream

I went to bed just before midnight and within minutes I was fast asleep. I had a very vivid dream that I remember every minute detail of it:
I saw my birth and all my life, the joy of being, the misery of being.

I saw the moment I was nine years old crying my soul out for leaving my birth place. I saw the fear I was wearing while sitting in the smoke filled waiting room of the security service, waiting for my name to be called out for interrogation.
I saw that dark, short, cold November day, my first day in England. I saw my wedding day, the birth of my children, the death of my mother..
I saw it all, and it was clear as if it was just happening. The emotions I felt was there, I felt the pain as I did the first time, the smiles, the laughter and the tears, I felt it all.

And in my dream, I became exhausted of being, of existence, of life and I went to get some rest, some sleep.

And now, I am wondering: am I now awake living my life, or am l still asleep, in my dream, dreaming of what I think is my life...

Ahmad Baker

Zhuangzi is a classic Chinese philosopher

No comments:

Post a Comment