Friday 21 September 2012

My Dear Friends I need your HELP


My Dear Friends:
Its Ahmad here, I am sorry to intrude on you, but this is now different:


You have known me for some years, I always try to be a nice respectful person and if I was not at times please forgive me. After all I am a human and we all do mistakes, but I will never shy from apologising for my own mistakes.

I have been insulted, I feel really hurt and I need your help.

I am a Muslim, an average Muslim, who tries to live Islam to the best of my ability. I believe in God as the Creator of all things and God has sent messengers and prophets to spread the word of God, among them is Muhammad (may God’s peace and prayer be among them all). As a Muslim I love and respect all God’s messengers, from Adam up to Muhammad (God’s peace and prayer be among them all).

I am sure you have heard of the film made in the USA mocking Islam and Prophet Muhammad, then came the cartoons in France depicting and insulting Prophet Muhammad. Some say this is freedom of expression; true: when the intention is expressing your right to say what you believe in, but when the intention is insult and nothing else, then it is not freedom of expression and it must be stopped.

As a Muslim I feel hurt, I feel very angry that my believe is been ridicule, my role model is humiliated and that I have to defend my identity as a Muslim and my right for freedom of believe.

I have to say that I am proud of being a Muslim in Britain, proud of being British. The UK has took a sensible stand when the Danish cartoons were published few years ago, and today it is taking the same stand, which is good, but not good enough. As a British citizen I take pride that the UK championed the abolishment of slavery in the 19th century and went to a world war defending freedom, human values and fighting fascism. So a nation with such history should do more than abstaining, we should take a firm stand.

I need you to help, as a friend, as a fellow British citizen and as a Human. I am sure you are asking yourself: “what do you want me to do, Ahmad?” I can say a lot, but at least you can do me two favours:

Talk to your friends, family and colleague sharing this view. Saying that you know some good Muslims (that’s me, I hope) and they are “Humans” - just like us-, have feelings! Saying that I know Muslims who are really hurt by this and this should not be allowed to continue. Saying that there is a difference between expressing your opinion and insulting others.

You can take this a step further and right to your Councillor, MP, MEP, or even David Cameron the PM.

This is probably the first time I am asking you a favour, please do not let me down.


Regards,
Ahmad

No comments:

Post a Comment